A Trademark is a distinctive sign or indicator that is used to distinguish the goods and services of one party from those of others.
A trademark is typically a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design or a combination of these elements.
The owner of a trademark may initiate legal proceedings for trademark infringement to prevent unauthorized use of that trademark. If you are using a name, word or logo in your business you can only protect it by registering it as a trademark. Trademark registration is different from company name registration or domain name registration. Neither of these secures the right to use the name.
Trademarks Registration in India is regulated by the Indian Trade Marks Act, 1999 (and the rules thereunder) and is administered by the Trade Marks Registry (TMR)
A trademark can be designated by the following symbols:
- ™ (for an unregistered trade mark, that is, a mark used to promote or brand goods)
- ℠ (for an unregistered service mark, that is, a mark used to promote or brand services)
- ® (for a registered trademark)
In order to register your trade mark the following are the steps to be taken:
- Identify the Name, Mark or Logo to be registered as Trade Mark.
- Identifying the Class under which the Trade Mark to be registered.
- Search with Trade Mark Registry for the availably of Name / Mark for registration.
- Filing the application with Trade Marks Registry
- Obtaining the acknowledgement form Trade Marks Registry.
- Obtaining the certificate of Trade Mark Registration.
[You just need to send us the details for your trademark registration and we will do the rest of the process for you.]
For Trademark Registration, enquiries and clarifications call us on +91 8094444888 or drop an email at email@example.com